Iran Tourist Visa & Iran Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Here you can do your Iran Tourist Visa Application for the official Travel Visa to Iran
Welcome to IranTravelingCenter Iran Tourist Visa Application page, we are one of limited number of official Tour, Travel and Visa agencies in Iran with an official authority from Iranian foreign ministry to process and obtain travel permits to Iran. We have a long standing track record and connection to get your visa as fast and as cheap as possible.Please take a minute to review some of the information in this page that might pertain to you and do not hesitate to get back to us with any question that you might have.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) sends an 18-digit code to the agency. The duration of sending this code varies depending on your nationality. Generally, for most nationalities, it will take around 7-10 working days and for special nationalities such as Americans, British and Canadians, it will take 1-2 months. Having this code, you can refer to Iran embassy in your country or Iran airports and receive Iran Visa Stamp at your passport.
The validity duration of this code for receiving Iran visa stamp fee is one month since the issuance time. And since the time of visa stamp reception, the tourist has three months time to enter Iran. And the important point is that exiting Iran must be done before the expiration of this three months validity.
You can travel to the beautiful attractions of Kish Island, Qeshm Island, Chahbahar, Maku, Arvand, Anzali, and Aras without any Iran visa and stay there for fourteen days and to extend your stay, you can pay a low amount of money at the affiliated offices to MFA in Iran.
The following nationalities can enter Iran and stay in Iran for fifteen days without visa and to extend their stay they can pay a low amount of money at the affiliated to MFA offices in Iran:
Azerbaijan, China, Turkey,Georgia ,Lebanon,Serbia, Malaysia, Syria, Armenia, Venezuela, Bolivia and Egypt.
The valid agencies in Iran can apply for Iran Tourist Visa; all the nationalities except Israel can apply for Iran Entry Visa. For the special countries of America, Britain and Canada, the duration, the terms and conditions of Iran Visa collection is different.
In general, the maximum validity of traveler’s stay with tourist visa is 30 days and they are regarded as single entry. To stay longer than 30 days, visa should be extended in Iran.
You can apply for tourist visa through valid travel agencies in Iran and after sending the required documents including passport image, personal photo and visa form, the agency will send your request to Iran’s MFA and usually MFA will issue an 18-digit code after 7-10 working days. Having this code and referring to Iran’s embassy in your country, you can receive your visa stamp.
The point worth mentioning is that although you can receive your visa upon arriving in Iran, but our suggestion is that it is safer to apply before your travel to Iran via the valid agencies to get the authorization code and the visa collection place can be International Airports of Iran which makes the time procedures easier, shorter and safer.
Here is a Fee Schedule for Your Reference:
As you can see the fees are variable and dependent on your nationality. The formula is pretty much based on reciprocity, which means you would be charged as much as an Iranian national would have been charged to get a visa to your country.
Passport image with at least 6 months validity
Personal photo with solid white background
Filled out visa form (ladies are not required to wear head coverings)
Sending a CV or resume
Sending the links and information of all your social media networks
Extending your tourist visa to Iran while over here is pretty easy and straightforward. You just need to have the right documentation and a good explanation as why you need to extend your visa for travel in Iran. The person that primarily will be the decision maker is an Immigration Officer. The office in English is called "Foreign aliens affairs office" and in Farsi we call it "Edare GozarNameh ". The officer will ask you why you need to extend your visa. A good answer may range as far as :
- I did not think there are so many places that I wanted to see in Iran. I just need more time to see … and ...etc. (fill the blank with a city that you have not visited in this trip, that it is a main stream cultural attraction).
- I as planning to see a few main attractions such as Tehran, Isfahan, Yazd and Abyaneh but I ended up spending too much time , lets say in Isfahan and I am short on time to visit, for the sake of argument, Mashhad. Try to chose a city that is not way too far but at the same time not too close.
- I got sick and had to skip this and that highlight but now I feel better and want to make sure to go back and see such and such places.
You get the picture , yeah?!
Its is a good practice to be as patient as possible and try to answer all the questions that the Immigration office may have to ask you. If all goes well then the officer will accept your extension request then you are good to go.
Remember to bring all the following documentations with you.
Fill out a form which would be included the personal info, extension reasons, place of stay, source of trip payments … in two copies in Persian and English.
Two passport size pictures . Women preferably with some level of headscarf or hair cover of some sort.
Your passport with at least 6 moths left on its validity.
Passport holder in person should be there and fill out the forms and do the interview.
Copy of the first page of the passport
Receipt of extension fee which is about 345,000 Rials which is like 8 USD . The fee is payable at any nearby bank. So you need to get the deposit paper from the officer and go to the bank, deposit the fee and come back to get the extension stamp in your passport.
· It is recommend to not try for the extension visa no earlier than two or three days before your current visa is to expire.
· Tehran visa extension is always busy. Based on feedback we have gotten so far, it appears that Shiraz Visa Immigration Office is the best place for extending your visa. That said, you can try your luck at any city throughout the country.
· Go to the visa office in the early morning (about 8:00 in the morning. They are often open around 8 and might close by 1-2pm) and better to not go there in Thursdays (mostly because that is the last working day of the week in Iran before the official weekend day which is Friday). Visa extension offices are close on Fridays.
· If a travel agency is in charge of the initial entry visa to Iran, then it might be better to go to your travel agency and have them give you a letter of recommendation which you then can file along with your extension request letter.
· Passenger must have a reasonable excuse to get extension like he ones mentioned above or changing flight schedule....etc.
· Usually extension you might get on your visa would not be more than one additional month.
· Extension procedure can take few minutes up to few hours. Better to stay at visa office till get your passport back and make sure all is good before leaving.
· Make sure to know exactly when is the last day of your visa. That is critical because you need to do needed arrangements for your return ticket, other booking...etc.
Travel insurance for Iran:
1.As a rule of thumb it is always a good idea to have a decent travel insurance whenever you travel abroad regardless of your destination. As of late this has become a mandatory requirement to be able to get your visa for Iran, be it visa on arrival or standard tourist visa to Iran .
2.Your insurance policy must clearly state that it is valid for Iran. Your personal insurance company wherever you live should be able to do that for you or you can get that through IATI, which is a Spanish insurance company with a good track record in travel insurances to destinations like Iran.