As the 17th greatest country in the world and 2nd one in the Middle East; Iran has great roads connecting different parts of the country together. There are high quality and very affordable well-developed transportation system available in Iran. Which are frequent, reliable, safe and very cheap. One of the most available ones are buses. Iran bus transportation system covers a lot of ground within the country. For booking bus ticket in Iran, please consider they usually come in two classes. The VIP/first class is more luxurious while the second class is more frequent and economic. First-class tickets are reasonably priced, so it is suggested to book them. There are different bus companies offering competitive and comfortable, bus ticket in Iran. Iran Traveling Center provide you with rapid reservation system for booking bus ticket in Iran for all domestic destinations.
You will read about Bus ticket in Iran and:
- Luxury Traveling by Bus in Iran
- Why Is Bus Transportation Important in Iran?
- How to Book the Bus Ticket before Your Trip to Iran?
- How to Get to Bus Terminals in Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Mashhad and Yazd?
- What Are the Popular Bus Routes in Iran?
Luxury Traveling by Bus in Iran
When you are planning to book a bus ticket in Iran, remember that those luxury buses which have a capacity of 25 seats are equipped with air conditioner, fridge, monitor & safety belt. Passengers are entertained by DVD music, films, cake, Juice and mineral water while traveling.
Nick & Dariece on their blog stated:
“You’ll feel like a real luxury traveller when you’re backpacking in Iran. There are some beautiful and enormous buses with wide lounge chairs that lean back all the way, and service that you’d expect to find in a Michelin starred restaurant. You can take trains and taxis that are more affordable than local buses in many other countries, and there are often cheap internal flights as well.”
Why is Bus Transportation Important in Iran?
Bus transportation is the first way of transportation in Iran. Traveling by road is very affordable and popular among both Iranian and foreign travelers in Iran. The road network is extensive with both paved roads and motorways. It’s running for almost 52,000 km connecting all major cities across the country. By using bus transportation you may save your money, and time. How? Overnight buses are available almost between every major cities of Iran. You can choose them and pass your night in the comfortable buses and in the morning, you will be in the next city.
Once more we mention; transportation here is easy to organize, comfortable and very cheap in the case you apply on time especially in high seasons of traveling in Iran.
The cost of bus ticket in Iran is very low. For example, the purchase price of the best VIP bus ticket from Tehran to Isfahan is about 6 USD. The same way with normal bus is about 4 USD. Iran has 56 K bus and minibus with approximately 300 bus terminals. Every year Iranian and tourist have 400 million bus trips inside the country.
Popular Bus Routes in Iran:
- Tabriz – Tehran: This route is a famous way for tourists, who come to Iran from Turkey or Armenia border and Hitchhikers. Everyday 10 buses go from Tabriz to Tehran between 14:30 to 23:55. Night bus from Tabriz needs near 7 hours to get in Tehran. Buses in this way provided by Iran Peyman (VIP), Hamsafar (VIP) and Tak Safar Iranian (VIP).
- Tehran – Isfahan: An important road which connect the capital to the heart of Iran. Isfahan in one of the most important tourist cities of Iran. Iran Peyma and Hamsafar Companies have VIP services in this route.
- Tehran – Mashhad: This route is a very important road because many people from Tehran go to Mashhad by this road. As Mashhad has the largest mosque in the world by dimension and the second largest by capacity (next to Mecca in Saudi Arabia). Almost all of this road is highway. Asia Safar, Seiro Safar, Tak Safar, Chabok Savaran, Taavoni #1/ #10/ #12 and #15 has daily VIP buses from Tehran to Mashhad.
- Isfahan – Shiraz: This middle-south road is an important transit road connecting Isfahan to Shiraz. Shiraz is another one of Iran’s prime cities for foreign travelers to visit. Royal Safar and Hamsafar Chabok Savaran has VIP services from morning till night to Shiraz.
- Shiraz – Yazd: Yazd is the center of the Zoroastrian religion in Iran. This labyrinth city of mud and brick is one of the most intriguing places in Iran. Mihan Noor Aria and Giti Peyma Fars are two available VIP bus providers in this route.
- Shiraz – Kerman: This road is a route connecting Shiraz in the south to Kerman on the high margin of Lut Desert in the south-central part of Iran.
- Yazd – Kerman: For all desert lovers, here everything is prepared! By visiting Yazd and Kerman, you will experience a real eco tour and safari the towering sand formations of the Kalut Desert. You can also arrange to spend the night out in the desert.
- Shiraz – Bandar Lengeh: A specific road to go to Dubai by ferry via Persian Gulf. Asia Safar and Tak Safar Iranian has bus for Bandar Lengeh from Shiraz.
Where to Buy Bus Ticket in Iran Main Cities:
The Western Bus Terminal (Terminal-e- Gharb): Is known as the biggest, busiest and best equipped one. Most international buses, those heading to the Caspian Sea region and destinations west of Tehran originate and terminate here. The terminal is a ten-minute walk northwest from Azadi Square, and a few minutes walk west from the Tehran (Sadaghieh) metro station.
The Eastern Bus Terminal (Terminal-e- Shargh): Seven km north-east of Imam Hossein Square, handles buses to/from Khorasan province, as well a small number of services to the north cities of Iran.
The Southern Bus Terminal (Terminal-e- Jonoob): It is well equipped and handles buses head to/from destinations from the south of Tehran. It is 2 km east of Tehran’s main train station and easily accessible via Terminal-e-Jonoob metro stop.
The Beihaghi Bus Terminal (Terminal-e- Beihaghi): It is located beside Arzhantin Square, around 1 km west of the Mossallah metro stop. The station has services to /from most major destinations in Iran including Mashhad, Isfahan, Rasht, Shiraz, Tabriz and Yazd.
Karandish Terminal: This terminal offers services to travelers to the cities of North, South, East, and West parts of Shiraz. It is located at Pirniya Blv.
Modarres Terminal: It offers services to travelers to the cities of Eastern parts of Shiraz and is located at Modarres Boulevard.
Amir Kabir Terminal: It offers services to travelers to the small cities and towns in the South and Southwest of Shiraz and is on Amir Kabir Square.
Kave Terminal: It is located at the north of the city on Kaveh Street.
Soffeh Terminal: It is located at the southern part of the city, begging of Isfahan-Shiraz road.
Imam Reza Terminal: It is one of the largest passenger terminals in Iran and is located at Kalantari Highway.
Meraj Terminal: It is located at Tous Boulevard.
Iran Traveling Center, by having access to all bus reservation systems is the best place to book bus ticket in Iran. VIP services are vey popular and economic for traveling in Iran. So, contact us to book best option of bus ticket in Iran.
Iran Bus Ticket Booking Form