Here you can apply for the official Travel Visa to Iran.
Welcome to IranTravelingCenter visa application page, we are one of limited number of official Tour, Travel and Visa agencies in Iran with an official authority from Iranian foreign ministry to process and obtain travel permits to Iran. We have a long standing track record and connection to get your visa as fast and as cheap as possible.
Please take a minute to review some of the information in this page that might pertain to you and do not hesitate to get back to us with any question that you might have.
Here are the topics that we will go over!
- Iran Visa Quick Information
- Why not Consider Visa upon Arrival for Iran
- Iran Tourist Visa in Detail
- Picking Up Your Iran Visa
- Iran Tourist visa for U.S., Canadian, and British Citizens
- Iran Visa Application Precaution
- Iran Visa Fee
- How to get Free Iran Tourist Visa?
- Iran Visa Application Form (PDF)
Iran Visa Quick Information:
In order to travel to Iran for tourism and general purposes you need a tourist visa. There are two types of tourist visa for Iran:
- 1- Standard Tourist Visa : This visa is issued ahead of your travel date and you received it at one of Iran’s embassies, consulates or mailed to you before your planned departure to Iran. Good for those who like to plan ahead and make sure everything is in order before boarding the airplane.
- 2- Iran Visa On Arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa: You apply and get this visa up on arrival. The scope and purpose of the visa is to give a number of nationalities to get their visa at the main entrance gateways of Iran like Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz Kish and Mashahd airport and more recently at a couple southern ports of Iran at the Persian gulf.
There are pros and cons to either of these visa categories. The Visa on arrival is a relatively new thing and works great most of the time but not always. It is perhaps a great option if you like to take the chance and get your visa up on arrival. The Visa on arrival is cheaper because you don’t pay us that $60 for the processing fee but you are still going to have to pay for consular fees when you are receiving your visa.
Here is a fee schedule for your reference:
Note: Visa on arrival fees that you need to pay in cash at the airport to get your visa. Add to that some 20 Euro for the Travel insurance fees. These fees are subject to change at around March of each year .
If you don’t see your nationality on the list, just assume that your visa on arrival fee is within the max-min range of this fee reference.
As you can see the fees are variable and dependent on your nationality. The formula pretty much is based on reciprocity, which means you would be charged as much as an Iranian national would have been charged to get a visa to your country.
So bring some cash with you (20 to 100 euros). Have a couple passport size pictures with you even though they customs have cameras for taking your picture . Make sure you have a return ticket with you. Your passport needs to have at least 6 months validity. Finally you either have to have travel insurance on you that stipulates Iran as covered destination or you can buy one at the airport for some 30 euros.
The chances to get visa on arrival entirely depends on how much your documents are in order and your luck of the day!
That said and if you like to make sure your travel plans are solid the we may venture to caution you on the visa on arrival . The advance visa application is perhaps the surest way to have hassle free travel to Iran. The down side is that you have to apply ahead of time and you have to pay an extra 60 $ for processing fee. The upside is that you avoid surprises and can plan ahead of time for your trip, booking your tickets and the rest.
Standard Tourist visa to Iran:
Procedure to get a tourist visa to Iran in advance is as follows:
- You provide us with some basic information that Iranian Foreign Ministry needs to have in order to accept your application. That can be done by filling out the following Iran visa application form.
- We will do the needed paperwork, sponsorship add our vouching/invitation letter to your application and then file it with Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Department. In effect you will come to Iran as our sponsored guest.
- The MFAVD does its review, checks the records to make sure everything is fine and then usually within 3-14 days they send us what is call as Visa Authorization Number. This number is actually a reference number which basically tells us that you got approved and now you can get your actual visa in the next step.
- We send your Visa Authorization Number to you by email. You print it out and contact the embassy or consulate where you had initially indicated that you want to pick your visa from. Take a look at the list of Iranian embassy or consulate where you can receive your visa. You then can either go in person to pick your visa or have them sent it to you by registered mail. Remember that the embassy will charge you a consular fee for their work and if you like to have the visa sent to your address , you would need to arrange with them and send your passport with the registered mail to them.
Important: Travel insurance for Iran:
As a rule of thumb it is always a good idea to have a decent travel insurance whenever you travel abroad regardless of your destination. As of late this has become a mandatory requirement to be able to get your visa for Iran, be it visa on arrival or standard tourist visa to Iran .
Your insurance policy must clearly state that it is valid for Iran. Your personal insurance company wherever you live should be able to do that for you or you can get that through IATI, which is a Spanish insurance company with a good track record in travel insurances to destinations like Iran.
They give us a 5% discount which we will it pass it along to you. There is a link in below for IATI website. So, if you chose to get your travel insurance for Iran with IATI you will need to make sure you tell them that is for traveling to Iran.
You can start applying by filling the form below.
Iran Tourist Visa vs. Vis on arrival on the map:
Iran Tourist Visa for U.S., Canadian and British Citizens:
The clearance process for these nationalities may take 2 to 4 weeks time. We would advise apply for your visa way ahead of your planned travel date.
U.S. , Canadian, and British Citizens are required to either be on a personal or general guided tour. DUe to the fact that itineraries may vary so the dates of travel for the bigger groups, it seem that often you might end up having to at least book a basic tour which comprised of a guide , hotel , transportation to get the visa to visit Iran. Unfortunately that is what MFA is requiring all and every agencies to adhere with.