In order to Learn About Iran it should be mentioned that Iran is the home to one of the world’s most ancient civilization. It is the birthplace of Zoroaster, Hafiz, Saadi and Khayam great Iranian poets. It is the former seat of the biggest Royal Kingdoms in the world, whose remnants are allover India and the Middle East. Iran is like nowhere else but perhaps you need to experience yourself and the hospitality of Iranian people wonderfully complements the lands rich culture and unique landscape.
There are unbelievably too many places and things to see in Iran such as Isfahan, Iran’s place of art and architecture, Shiraz the oldest empire and the beauty of south and Yazd a hidden pearl in the heart of Iran’s central desert with its friendly people and Zoroastrians heritage. You will see and find each place in this land has its own characteristics and offers mysteries and beauties for you to explore all Iran to find the unique experiences of your life.
- Islamic Republic of Iran is what it’s officially called, formerly known as Persia and now people rather call it “Iran”. Iran came from the name “Aryan” which means “The Land of Aryans”.
- Iran is the 18th largest country in the world.
- Iran is the home to one of the world’s oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC.
- Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas and third in oil.
- Tehran is the capital city of Iran and Iranian “Rial” is the currency.
- Iranian culture is a mix of ancient Pre-Islamic culture.
- Cuisines of Iran are diverse, where in each province features different dishes. Main Persian dish combines of rice with meat, chicken or fish and some onions, vegetables, herbs and nuts.
- Iran’s political structure is a Theodemocracy. People get to vote to the chosen candidates.
- Iran Currency:
Each US dollar is approximately 32000 Rials. Credit cards, debit or ATM are not accepted. Cash is the main way of purchasing goods and services.
Iran’s Climate & Temperature:
Iran’s climate is mostly arid and semiarid, to subtropical along the Caspian coast and the northern forests. On the northern edge of the country temperatures nearly fall below freezing and remain humid for the rest of the year. The summer temperatures rarely exceed 29 C. Annual precipitation is 680 mm in the eastern part and more than 1700 mm in the western part.
Cellphones & Area Code of Iran:
Iran’s are code is = 0098
There are many phone providers in Iran here are some:
Irancell, Hamrah Aval and Rightel
Iran’s Internet Access:
Internet using is very popular in Iran specially the young Iranians. Internet access is available in most places, many hotels and many public places by using Wifi. You are able to find Internet Cafes all over Iran. However there is filtering policy in place.
Accommodations in Iran:
There are luxury hotels, normal hotels and guest houses available. The quality of their services is not consistent and varies from place to place. Hotel fares are preset by government but we ensure our travels with the most affordable prices.
Transportation in Iran:
Options for Transportation include shared or individual taxi and bus inside cities and private car with driver, bus, airplanes, and train between cities and also ferry for Persian Gulf transportation.
If you choose to have a domestic flight you have to consider they are limited with very reasonable prices. Booking ahead of time is highly recommended.
Iran Dress Code:
Exposing your body with casual dressing is not allowed. Islamic dress code is enforced. You need to bring a light shirt and long pants. Men are OK by wearing T-Shirts, but no shorts in public. Women must cover their bodies and put on a light scarf to cover their hair. Check these links for actual pictures. Website links
Learn about Iran Tipping:
No standard exists, but you may tip anywhere from as you like in restaurants.