Iran visa on arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa, refers to a special class of tourist visa received That you can apply for and be granted at some of major Iran’s gates of entry like international airports of Tehran, Shiraz, Isfahan, Tabriz, Mashhad , Kish or even at some of the southern ports at the Persian gulf.
Most but not all nationals of all countries can apply and are likely to get that visa without much of hassle. Iran visa on arrival usually has a 30 days validity .
In this short guide on Visa on Arrival to Iran we will go over a number of basic questions.
- Where Can You Get Iran Visa on Arrival
- Iran Visa on Arrival Needed Documents
- Iran Visa on Arrival Tips
- Is Iran Visa on Arrival a Safe Option
- Is getting Iran Visa on Arrival possible for US, UK and Canadian Citizens
- Iran Visa on Arrival for Indian, Pakistani and Afghanistan Citizen
- Iran Visa Waivers and Countries
- How to get Free Iran Tourist Visa
Where can you get Iran VOA?
Iran visa on arrival has 14-30 days validity and issued currently at the six airport & ports in Iran. The number of these gateways are in rise and hopefully soon you might be able to get your Visa on arrival at any point of entry. But for now these are the airports/ports that you issue visa on arrival for tourism related travels to Iran on a case by case base.
- IKA: Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
- THR: Mehrabad International Airport
- MHD: Mashhad International Airport
- SYZ: Shiraz International Airport
- TBZ: Tabriz International Airport
- ISF: Isfahan International Airport
- BND: Bandare Abbas International Airport
- Shahid Bahonar Harbor, Bandare Abbas
- KIH: Kish international Airport
Iran Visa on Airport Needed Documents:
- A confirmed return ticket
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity
- A photo to be attached to the Iran visa application form. Bring two passport size pictures with you. recently visa officers are using digital camera to take the needed pictures but still try to bring your own pictures just in case.
- Visa fee, which is payable to the Iran Visa & Passport Office at the airport. Iran airport visa fee depends on the applicant’s nationality. I am going to leave a list of visa fees that we just got from MFA down below.
- On case by case bases sometime an invitation letter or hotel reservation voucher is asked for. The invitation letter can to be sent from the Iranian travel agency to Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs at least 48 hours before your arrival to Iran airport.
- Travel insurance clearly showing that it is valid for Iran. More info below.
Please remember Iran visa on arrival is usually issued for 14-30 days. It can only be extended if Iranian Foreign Affair Office finds it necessary. In that case, usually maximum 14 days extension could be possible to get. If your itinerary is longer, we recommend to choose the Tourist Visa.
Note that in case your Iran visa on arrival is rejected you will be held the responsibility for the return flight and any other costs.
Important: Travel insurance for Iran:
In general it is always recommended to be covered by a reliable travel insurance when you travel abroad to a country where you are not covered by your domestic insurance. Bun in the case of Iran, this is mandatory, as you have to be covered by a travel insurance to get your visa for Iran (does not matter what kind of visa). To be accepted at the time of issuing your visa, your insurance policy must clearly state that it is valid for Iran. Iran Traveling Center has an agreement with IATI, an Spanish insurance company with a very long experience in travel insurances that you can check and take online. Thanks to this agreement they will offer a 5% discount in any travel insurance policy you choose if you use the below link. In addition, if you book your travel insurance for Iran with IATI you will be sure that it will comply the requirement of stating that it is Valid for Iran, in order to obtain your visa for Iran:
Iran Visa on Arrival Tips:
- Travelers who have been rejected for Iran visa previously will not receive Iran visa on arrival.
- Journalists and reporters on mission cannot get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iranian nationals holding other nationality’s passport are not allowed to get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iran visa on arrival is issued for tourist purposes only (ordinary passport). Diplomatic passport, official passports, etc. cannot apply for this type of Iran visa.
- Iran visa on Arrival is not issued for USA, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India nationalities.
Please contact us at info [at] irantravelingcenter.com for further questions on Iran visa on arrival or other questions about Iran travel.
Is Iran Visa on Arrival a Safe Option?
With our years of experience in Iran Visa, Iran Traveling Center recommend you to register for Iran tourist visa and apply to collect the visa ahead of your travel to Iran. It is more relievable way of doing things in this super volatile world. The chances of you not getting a Visa On Arrival at the airport is something you need to be able to assess and accept.
You can apply for the Iran tourist visa through the form below:
For further Information on Iran tourist visa click here.
In the map below you can find the visa type you can apply for:
Here is a fee schedule for your reference:
Note: Visa on arrival fees that you need to pay in cash at the airport to get your visa. Add to that some 20 Euro for the Travel insurance fees. These fees are subject to change at around March of each year .
If you don’t see your nationality on the list, just assume that your visa on arrival fee is within the max-min range of this fee reference.
As you can see the fees are variable and dependent on your nationality. The formula pretty much is based on reciprocity, which means you would be charged as much as an Iranian national would have been charged to get a visa to your country.
So bring some cash with you (20 to 100 euros). Have a couple passport size pictures with you even though they customs have cameras for taking your picture . Make sure you have a return ticket with you. Your passport needs to have at least 6 months validity. Finally you either have to have travel insurance on you that stipulates Iran as covered destination or you can buy one at the airport for some 30 euros.
The chances to get visa on arrival entirely depends on how much your documents are in order and your luck of the day!
That said and if you like to make sure your travel plans are solid the we may venture to caution you on the visa on arrival . The advance visa application is perhaps the surest way to have hassle free travel to Iran. The down side is that you have to apply ahead of time and you have to pay an extra 60 $ for processing fee. The upside is that you avoid surprises and can plan ahead of time for your trip, booking your tickets and the rest.
Either way we are here to help. DO let us know if you have nay question.