Iran visa on arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa, refers to that kind of Iran visa received by nationals of all countries (except those listed below) traveling to Iran for tourist purpose. Iran visa on arrival has usually 30 days validity and issued at six airports in Iran. In this Iran Visa on Arrival Unlimited Guide you will read about:
- Where Can You Get Iran Visa on Arrival
- Iran Visa on Arrival Needed Documents
- Iran Visa on Arrival Tips
- Is Iran Visa on Arrival a Safe Option
- Is getting Iran Visa on Arrival possible for US, UK and Canadian Citizens
- Iran Visa on Arrival for Indian, Pakistani and Afghanistan Citizen
- Iran Visa Waivers and Countries
- How to get Free Iran Tourist Visa
Where can you get Iran VOA?
Iran visa on arrival has 14 days validity and issued at the six airport & harbors in Iran:
- IKA: Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
- THR: Mehrabad International Airport
- MHD: Mashhad International Airport
- SYZ: Shiraz International Airport
- TBZ: Tabriz International Airport
- ISF: Isfahan International Airport
- BND: Bandare Abbas International Airport
- Shahid Bahonar Harbor, Bandare Abbas
- KIH: Kish international Airport
Iran Visa on Airport Needed Documents:
- A confirmed return ticket
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity
- A photo to be attached to the Iran visa application form
- Visa stamp fee, which is payable to the Iran Visa & Passport Office at the airport. Iran airport visa fee depends on the applicant’s nationality.
- An invitation letter or hotel reservation voucher. The invitation letter has to be sent from the Iranian travel agency to Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs at least 48 hours before your arrival to Iran airport.
Please remember Iran visa on arrival is usually issued for 30 days. It can only be extended if Iranian Foreign Affair Office finds it necessary. In that case, usually maximum 14 days extension is possible. If your itinerary is longer, we recommend to choose the Tourist Visa.
Note that in case your Iran visa on arrival is rejected you will be held the responsibility for the return flight and any other costs.
Important: Travel insurance for Iran:
In general it is always recommended to be covered by a reliable travel insurance when you travel abroad to a country where you are not covered by your domestic insurance. Bun in the case of Iran, this is mandatory, as you have to be covered by a travel insurance to get your visa for Iran (does not matter what kind of visa). To be accepted at the time of issuing your visa, your insurance policy must clearly state that it is valid for Iran. Iran Traveling Center has an agreement with IATI, an Spanish insurance company with a very long experience in travel insurances that you can check and take online. Thanks to this agreement they will offer a 5% discount in any travel insurance policy you choose if you use the below link. In addition, if you book your travel insurance for Iran with IATI you will be sure that it will comply the requirement of stating that it is Valid for Iran, in order to obtain your visa for Iran:
Iran Visa on Arrival Tips:
- Travelers who have been rejected for Iran visa previously will not receive Iran visa on arrival.
- Journalists and reporters on mission cannot get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iranian nationals holding other nationality’s passport are not allowed to get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iran visa on arrival is issued for tourist purposes only (ordinary passport). Diplomatic passport, official passports, etc. cannot apply for this type of Iran visa.
- Iran visa on Arrival is not issued for USA, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India nationalities.
Please contact us at info [at] irantravelingcenter.com for further questions on Iran visa on arrival or other questions about Iran travel.
Is Iran Visa on Arrival a Safe Option?
With our years of experience in Iran Visa, Iran Traveling Center recommend you to register for Iran tourist visa and apply to collect the visa at your entrance port in Iran. In this way you can secure the Iran visa and receiving a pre-approval visa code. You can apply for the Iran tourist visa through the form below:
For further Information on Iran tourist visa click here.
Be sure to also study: Why not to consider Iranian Visa on arrival
In the map below you can find the visa type you can apply for:
Important: Iran visa on arrival is NOT extended to 30 days yet! (February 2016)
Visas issued on arrival in Iran for tourists visiting the country are now valid for 30 days, said the director of the Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts, and Tourism Organization.
Masoud Soltanifar further said, “So far, visas issued for foreign tourists at airports were valid for only 14 days.”
But in reality, this rule is not started yet. Be careful and if you have a plan for a stay in Iran longer than two weeks it is better to apply for e-Visa and come to the airport with your visa or visa reference number.
Iran Seeks, Iran Visa Waivers with 28 Countries:
Iran seeks reciprocal visa waiver programs with 28 countries as part of its bid to boost, inbound tourism, Director of Iranian Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHTO) Masoud Soltanifar says.
“We have selected 40 countries on the basis of our top priority for attracting tourists, out of which we have sent visa waiver requests to 28 countries and are following the issue through diplomatic channels,” he said in Isfahan.
Moreover, the Foreign Ministry has been tasked with establishing electronic tourist visa facility known as e-visa which will lead “to a transformational change enabling everyone to apply for a tourist visa from their home”, Soltanifar added.
The government has further approved extending stays for visa on arrival from 15 days to 30 days.
“We are after canceling visa requirements with the countries which provide satisfactory provisions for passage to our citizens,” Soltanifar said.